Mettā is a membership club for the global innovation ecosystem, currently with locations in Hong Kong and Nairobi. We believe in the power of our collective intelligence, and are on a mission to connect innovators to address the pressing challenges of our world. We're passionate about empowering entrepreneurs to achieve the extraordinary, and looking for someone who's as excited as we are about helping turn ideas into action.
We are seeking a community manager who can help us run operations in our upcoming Mettā location in Beijing. This individual must be a self-starter, organised, and preferably have experience in marketing and/or event management. He or she will work closely with the Mettā global team based in Hong Kong.
- Represent and introduce Mettā to the Beijing innovation ecosystem
- Lead the sales growth and management of members
- Member tracking and catering to the requests of individual members
- Lead organization and coordination of events
- Market Mettā events using digital channels
- Be a key liaison with Mettā in Hong Kong
- Build out local team in Beijing
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Colorful personality to build meaningful ties with members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Capability to work easily with characterful people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve
- Experience in working with virtual teams across multiple countries
- Former experience in co-working space management, event management, or marketing is a plus
- Familiarity with the Beijing startup ecosystem
- Fluency in Mandarin and familiarity with Beijing’s cultural practices is essential
- Fluency in English is highly preferred
The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mould roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop! To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org