At Nest, we believe in the power of linking markets and ecosystems, whether nascent or mature, to each other to maximise opportunities for collaboration and open innovation. As such, we have made it our mission to connect people and organisations together so they can achieve the extraordinary, wherever they are in the world. Startups are our lifeblood and where we began our journey, but we also work with the world’s biggest companies, across sectors such as finance, insurance and automotive, to help them realise their own innovation potential.
We like to think of ourselves as venture catalysts - impatient to make things better, do things smarter, and help others make a positive impact on the world. Our platforms are designed to benefit innovators and entrepreneurs at every step of their journey.
The Financial Controller will collaborate with senior management, to carry out the various accounting and financial control functions. Our ideal candidate will be a multi-tasker that thrives on punching above their weight.
- Handle full sets of accounts: Review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval and liaise third party to input to accounts payable sub-ledger prior to payment
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Ensure AR is timely send out and received
- Bank Management, act as a contact point for bank including bank balance, credit cards, update company informations and any enquiries related to bank
- Cash management for the company and other related companies
- Ensure the cost is allocated to programmes and provide correct information for management for decision making
- Coordinate and oversee with third party’s work for data entry, month end closing, journal entries and monthly report
- Support Auditor in conducting internal and external audits
- Post transactions to ledgers, assist on period end closing and reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare consolidated financial reports and coordinate with overseas local units for intercompany reconciliation and other financial reporting matters
- Ensure compliance with company policies by developing and maintaining respective processes and procedures
- Responsible for all the tax filing including VAT/GST, employee and corporate or other related tax issues
- Participant in other ad-hoc projects e.g. system implementation, chart of accounts, setting up accounting policy and procedures for international operations
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of experience with audit background 3-5 years preferred
- HKICPA or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge of transfer pricing principles, tax treaty and tax planning experience
- A strategic thinker and leader
- Proactive and innovative
- Well organized with excellent problem solving/result orientation
- Experience with Xero accounting software preferred
The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mould roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.