Nest is a full service innovation platform that empowers startups to build transformational solutions by tapping into ecosystems and resources around the world. We work in thriving startup ecosystems to deliver focused programmes helping startups grow their business and achieve collaborative opportunities with leading corporates, gaining commercial validation and traction.
Mettā is a membership club for the global innovation ecosystem with locations in Hong Kong and Nairobi. We believe in the power of our collective intelligence, and are on a mission to connect innovators to address the pressing challenges of our world. We're passionate about empowering entrepreneurs to achieve the extraordinary, and looking for someone who's as excited as we are about helping turn ideas into action. Mettā is a subsidiary of the Nest Group.
We are seeking a managing partner to head our Nest and Mettā businesses in Beijing. This individual must be a self-starter and have experience working across diverse characters, industries, and geographies. The managing partner will be responsible for senior relationship management to drive corporate, government, and investor partnerships. Fluency in English and Mandarin as well as work experience in international organizations is required as he or she will work closely with the Nest management team in Hong Kong.
- Build and manage both local and international senior relationships to drive key business development initiatives
- Work across both Nest and Mettā to conceptualize and develop partnership packages with corporates, governments, and investors to acquire new revenue streams
- Understand the Nest/Mettā and Corporate Partner process and capabilities, and be able to leverage the knowledge of the network to best support the startups
- Mentor startup founders through innovation programmes to help them achieve their milestones
- Be motivated to actively research innovative solutions to help each startup succeed
- Lead issues related to local business establishment and launch of the Mettā Beijing club.
- Be a key liaison for the China business with Nest management in Hong Kong.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong network and access to the Beijing startup ecosystem
- Track record of working with corporate, government, and investor partners
- Prior business leadership experience managing a professional team
- Background in venture investments is preferred
- Capability to work easily with characterful people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve
- Experience in working with virtual teams across multiple countries
- Fluency in Mandarin and familiarity with Beijing’s cultural practices is essential
- Fluency in English is highly preferred
The compensation package of our new hire will vary depending on experience – we mould roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.