Nest is looking to hire a talented and tenacious executive that will help us stand out in one of the most active and exciting industries in the world today. We’re not interested in people who are happy with the status quo; our ideal candidate will thrive on punching above their weight and be able to single-handedly manage projects from conception through to execution.
The newly created position will predominantly support across all marketing functions for Nest overall as well as Nest programmes. Nest’s mandate is to support at all stages of the entrepreneurial journey and each of our platforms are designed to empower founders to achieve the extraordinary.
The role is responsible for executing on social media and content initiatives, as well as marketing campaigns throughout Nest programmes. The Marketing Executive will work closely with our Marketing team lead, Director of Programmes and Chief Technology Officer at Nest.
- Directing and executing on social media and/or web-based campaigns for Nest Innovation programmes, events, and Nest or Mettā marketing activities
- Coordinate public relations activities for tech or start up events
- Reach out to traditional and new media; seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Create content for press releases, articles and keynote presentations
- Creation of marketing collateral as needed to support marketing activities
- Liaise with third party vendors (e.g. agencies and freelancers) during marketing campaigns
- Monitor, analyse and communicate press results for campaigns on a monthly & quarterly basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years experience in a marketing agency environment or similar role
- Experience in designing and executing successful public relations campaigns from planning to execution e.g. Press releases, media enquiry, campaign tracking and reporting
- Project management experience in a client-facing role
- Strong relationships with industry media outlets
- Has led meetings and managed multiple vendors to push projects forward
- Event planning experience
- Experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Great writer (especially in English) and is capable of light copywriting or content creation as needed; must be fluent in English and Chinese
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop), Sketch or other design programmes a nice to have
- Experience with HTML/CSS a nice to have, not required
To apply send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.