Mettā is a membership club for the global innovation ecosystem with locations in Hong Kong and Nairobi. We believe in the power of our collective intelligence, and are on a mission to connect innovators to address the pressing challenges of our world. We're passionate about empowering entrepreneurs to achieve the extraordinary, and looking for someone who's as excited as we are about helping turn ideas into action.
We are seeking an operations manager who can help us set up and run operations in our upcoming Mettā location in Beijing. This individual must be a self-starter, organised, and preferably have a basic knowledge of accounting. He or she will work closely with the Mettā global operations team based in Hong Kong.
- Lead issues related to local business establishment and launch of the Mettā Beijing club.
- Be comfortable working with multiple external parties, ranging from building contractors to business leaders.
- Skills in financial book keeping and appropriate reporting to local government authorities will be strongly considered.
- Be a key liaison with Mettā in Hong Kong.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Capability to work easily with characterful people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve
- Experience in working with virtual teams across multiple countries
- Accounting and financial reporting experience is preferred
- Experience working with Chinese construction firms is preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin and familiarity with Beijing’s cultural practices is essential.
- Fluency in English is highly preferred
The seniority and salary of our new team member will vary depending on experience – we mould roles to inspire and challenge our team to learn and develop!
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.